If there’s anything that’s “in” right now, that’s getting memories within the moment, as it happens. This is what made Snapchat so popular to the masses, and this is why Instagram has always been the go-to for photography enthusiasts who want to capture and post their “best” moments.
Thanks to Instagram’s photo stories, you can do this as well. However, did you know there’s a ton of other ways to use this to boost your marketing?
Instagram stories appear to be one of the app’s newest yet most-used features right now. Interestingly, the company announced that over 250 million users are actually taking advantage of the app’s feature every day.
- This means more than 250 million users are capable of seeing your products and advertisements if you get your reach correctly.
- This also means Instagram can be one of your go-to places aside from Facebook’s MyDay and Snapchat’s My Story.
- Why Should I Use Stories?
It’s important to know that making your story in Instagram is very similar to making one in Snapchat. These are temporary photos or videos strung together that forms a gallery for your day’s memories.
- It may seem impractical, knowing these get deleted at the end of the day.
- However, if your company has a dynamic reach and relies more on constant advertisements, then the stories feature is helpful and won’t clog your feed.
- How Do I Use Stories?
It’s actually pretty simple. You just have to remember these steps:
- You first tap the Plus icon that can be seen on the upper left portion of your home screen. An alternative is to simply swipe left from your Feed, or to swipe right from your main screen.
- You get sent to your camera mode when accessing stories. You can choose the circle below the screen to snap the story you want to post.
- Alternatively, you can also start a live event, or even go for Boomerang, or even put the application in its hands-free feature. These will be discussed later.
- You can then edit the photo or the video with drawings and text.
- Click Done when you are done with the story.
- You then choose to Add Your Story to share it with your followers. You can also tap Save to save the story to your device. If you have a specific person to send it to, you can do so by clicking the arrow button.
- Multi-App Stories
If you get tired of snapping repeatedly to share on multiple social media apps, you can simply save pictures from one and post it on the other.
- For instance, you can Download snaps from Snapchat in order to keep the memory on your phone.
- You can use these saved photos and videos and upload them immediately to your Instagram’s story.
- Hands Free Experience
Boomerangs are Instagram’s version of short videos or snippets that you can rewind and fast forward to create an entertaining scene. These can be uploaded into your stories.
If you don’t want to hold the phone to record the video, there’s that option as well.
- You tap the Hands-Free button and wait for a timer to appear. You have three seconds to set up before it records.
Using It All Together
These may be a bit overwhelming, especially if you’re only used to posting good pictures of your products and merchandise to Instagram. However, if you’re looking to spice up your feed and entertain your guests, Instagram’s stories feature is definitely a good place to start.